The first day of the 2013 World Supermoto Championship in Capua Italy was a rainy one. It rained so much the organization was forced to take out the offroad section to keep it intact for the races tomorrow.
In the S1 class Lazzarini took the pole position followed closely by Winstanley and Hermunen. Behind them followed Beltrami and Bartolini. It was a very close qualification with the top 10 within one second of eachother.
In the European Championship S2 class it was Dutchman Devon Vermeulen who took advantage of his rain riding skills and grabbed the pole in front of Fred Guerin and Toni Klem. SHR Supermoto riders Mitchell Thomas and Salstola completed the top five.
Click read more for more results
S1 Qualification (top ten):
1. Ivan Lazzarini (ITA-Honda) miglior giro in 1:00.326;
2. Matthew Winstanley (GBR-TM) 1:00.485;
3. Mauno Hermunen (FIN-TM) 1:00.628;
4. Massimo Beltrami (ITA-Honda) 1:00.704;
5. Fabrizio Bartolini (ITA-Honda) 1:00.732;
6. Christian Ravaglia (ITA-Honda) 1:00.756;
7. Hannes Maier (AUT-KTM) 1:00.799;
8. Sylvain Bidart (FRA-Honda) 1:00.933;
9. Petr Vorlicek (CZE-TM) 1:00.941;
10. Andrea Occhini (ITA-Suzuki) 1:01.059.
ES2 Qualification (top ten):
1. Devon Vermeulen (NED-Ktm) miglior giro in 0:59.946;
2. Frederic Guerin (FRA-Suzuki) 0:59.993;
3. Toni Klem (FIN-Ktm) 1:00.017;
4. Malachi Mitchell Thomas (GBR-TM) 1:00.129;
5. Sami Salstola (FIN-TM) 1:00.970;
6. Lorenzo Lapini (ITA-Honda) 1:01.008;
7. Jaimie Van Sikkelerus (NED-Ktm) 1:01.203;
8. Vladimiro Leone (ITA-Honda) 1:01.294;
9. Asseri Kingelin (FIN-Honda) 1:01.304;
10. Bradley O’Leary (GBR-Honda) 1:01.477.