How about a small introduction of yourself to the readers of Supermoto Central?
Hello, my name is Hong and I come from Hong Kong. I am now riding KLX450R which converted into Supermoto.
How did you get into supermoto and what do you find so great about it?
I was riding dirt bike long time ago, I like dirt bike very much but I seldom ride off-road in these few years. Then I met some new friends riding Supermoto bikes in Hong Kong and found that the bikes are great in riding both on-road & off-road.
When and how did the idea for this project originated? What’s was the base for your project?
I built this bike into Supermoto about 3 years ago. Besides changing most of parts, I am keeping the bike color as Black & Green.
Can you tell us in short how the build went? Did you have any big problems or did it all went smooth?
Lucky me, most of the parts are good fitted which are the same as KXF-450 so I could get them easily without any problem, however I had to order all parts from oversea because no one selling them in Hong Kong.
What do you use your bike for? Do you ride it on the street or just take it to the track once in a while?
Mostly riding it on the street for fun and sometimes a bit off-road. It is so sad that we don't have any official & legal track we can ride in Hong Kong.
Is this your first supermoto project or did you also build other supermoto bikes?Do you have any plans for another supermoto project in the future?
I got DRZ400S converting into Supermoto before this one. I don't have any Supermoto Project at his moment because I am practicing stunting.
Have you got any tips or advice for people that want to start a project like this?
The most important is doing research, better to have friends made the same project before. I prefer changing the parts one by one rather than buying all stuff together and install them at one time, enjoying the changes of my bike and its performance.
(1) Alpina Wheelset
(2) Beringer 6 piston caliper, rotor, master cylinder and brake line
(3) Cycra Handguard
(4) Renthal Fatbar
(5) KTM EXC Headlight
(6) KTM Handlebar switch
(7) SUNLINE SL-4 clutch perch
(8) SUNLINE Billet Fuel Gas Tank
(9) Pro Circuit Triple Clamps
(10) Akrapovic Exhaust
(11) Zeta Tank Holder Washer
(12) Zeta Aluminum Sterring Stem Cap
(13) Zeta Aluminum Front Sprocket Cover
(14) Hammerhead Grips
(15) Hammerhead Shift Lever
(16) Hammerhead Rear Brake Lever Kit
(17) LightSpeed Fork Guard and Cover
(18) LightSpeed Engine Case Guard (Left & Right)
(19) LightSpeed Glide Skid Plate
(20) LightSpeed Frame Guard
(21) LightSpeed Rear Caliper Guard with Air Scoop
(22) Wrap 9 Footpegs
(23) Pro Moto Billet Kickstand
(24) T.M. Designworks chain slider
(25) T.M. Designworks chain guide
(26) T.M. Designworks roller
(27) LSL Axle Sliders
(28) Samco Silicone Radiator Hose Kit
(29) Boyesen Clutch Cover
(30) Boyesen Supercooler Water Pump Kit
(31) Moose Magnetic Oil Filter
(32) SDG Step Seat
(33) Wiseco Piston Kit
(34) Hotcam Stage 1
(35) Trail Tech Vapor Computer Kit
(36) Custom Graphic Kit & Seat Cover by Throttle Jockey
(37) Acerbis Tailight