Heavy rain on Saturday evening followed by rain on Sunday meant the circuit had to be modified without the use if the off road section, but it didn't do anything to dampen the spirits of S1GP Championship leader Mauno Hermunen as he extended his points lead with an emphatic double race win here today. In S2 it was almost business as usual for Marc-Reiner Schmidt as took overall victory with a 2-1 scorecard.
After the hot temperatures of qualifying on Saturday the heavens opened during the night to leave the riders without an off-road section come Sunday. Added to that were drizzly conditions which would keep the riders on their toes.
At the start of S1GP Race 1 it was TM X-MAX Mauno HERMUNEN who grabbed the holeshot but was quickly passed by HUSQVARNA Lukas HOELLBACHER and TM Racing Thomas CHAREYRE, but both riders fell in lap three handing the lead to the Championship leader Hermunen. Riding smooth and with confidence the Finn never put a wheel wrong and cruised to an easy win.
Behind him though things were a little more heated as HONDA L30 Ivan LAZZARINI, HONDA GAZZA IFG Asseri KINGELIN, KTM MTR Devon VERMEULEN and HONDA Freccia Teo MONTICELLI scrapped over second.
Lazzarini took advantage of the mistakes of HOELLBACHER and CHAREYRE to move into second and apart from two laps mid race where the Italian was passed by Vermeulen, was able to hold on to second behind Hermunen. Vermeulen ride a great race to place third with HOLLBACHER pushing through to fourth ahead of Teo MONTICELLI and Thomas Chareyre who lost major points to Hermunen with that sixth place finish.
S1GP Race 1 Top Ten:
1. HERMUNEN Mauno (FIN-TM) 19:06.585;
2. LAZZARINI Ivan (ITA-Honda) 19:09.916;
3. VERMEULEN Devon (NED-KTM) 19:18.568;
4. HOLLBACHER Lukas (AUT-Husqvarna) 19:25.563;
5. MONTICELLI Teo (ITA-Honda) 19:25.575;
6. CHAREYRE Thomas (FRA-TM) 19:39.312;
7. KINGELIN Asseri (FIN-Honda) 20:00.184;
8. RAVAGLIA Christian (ITA-Honda) 20:14.082;
9. KEJMAR Pavel (CZE-Husqvarna) 19:07.457;
10. VERDEROSA Massimiliano (ITA-Honda) 19:14.876.
S1GP Race 2
What a race awaited the Polish fans in race 2. HERMUNEN took the holeshot from CHAREYRE but lap two saw both riders make a mistake handing the lead to Devon VERMEULEN as Hermunen fell to second, Chareyre dropped to 4th. Vermeulen continued to lead the world and as he did Hermunen fell again to fourth behind Teo MONTICELLI and LAZZARINI as Chareyre struggled in sixth.
As the race went on it looked as though Vermeulen would sneak his first win in the premier class but on the final lap he was overtaken by Hermunen who claimed a brilliant double race victory.
Vermeulen was second and last years S2 Champion Asseri Kingelin was third.
Lazzarini took fourth from HOLLBACHER and an out of sorts Chareyre came home sixth.
S1GP Race 2 Top Ten:
1. Mauno HERMUNEN (FIN-TM) 19:19.596;
2. Devon VERMEULEN (NED-KTM) 19:20.666;
3. Asseri KINGELIN (FIN-Honda) 19:24.686;
4. Ivan LAZZARINI (ITA-Honda) 19:25.432;
5. Lukas HOLLBACHER (AUT-Husqvarna) 19:25.973;
6. Thomas CHAREYRE (FRA-TM) 19:32.379;
7. Teo MONTICELLI (ITA-Honda) 19:35.134;
8. Pavel KEJMAR (CZE-Husqvarna) 19:53.586;
9. Christian RAVAGLIA (ITA-Honda) 19:54.030;
10. Massimiliano VERDEROSA (ITA-Honda) 20:08.868.
S1GP Overall Top Ten:
1. HERMUNEN Mauno (FIN-TM) points 50;
2. VERMEULEN Devon (NED-KTM) 42 p.;
3. LAZZARINI Ivan (ITA-Honda) 40 p.;
4. KINGELIN Asseri (FIN-Honda) 34 p.;
5. HOLLBACHER Lukas (AUT-Husqvarna) 34 p.;
6. CHAREYRE Thomas (FRA-TM) 30 p.;
7. MONTICELLI Teo (ITA-Honda) 30 p.;
8. KEJMAR Pavel (CZE-Husqvarna) 25 p.;
9. RAVAGLIA Christian (ITA-Honda) 25 p.;
10. VERDEROSA Massimiliano (ITA-Honda) 22 p.
S1GP Championship Top Ten:
1. HERMUNEN Mauno (FIN-TM) points 188;
2. CHAREYRE Thomas (FRA-TM) 164 p.;
3. LAZZARINI Ivan (ITA-Honda) 158 p.;
4. HOLLBACHER Lukas (AUT-Husqvarna) 141 p.;
5. KEJMAR Pavel (CZE-Husqvarna) 130 p.;
6. VERMEULEN Devon (NED-Ktm) 122 p.;
7. KINGELIN Asseri (FIN-Honda) 107 p.;
8. MONTICELLI Teo (ITA-Honda) 107 p.;
9. RAVAGLIA Christian (ITA-Honda) 100 p.;
10. VERDEROSA Massimiliano (ITA-Honda) 85 p.
1. TM 200 points;
2. Honda 160 p.;
3. Husqvarna 150 p.;
4. KTM 122 p.;
5. Suzuki 64 p.;
6. Yamaha 0 p.
After taking pole for the fourth time this season and after winning every race to remain undefeated all eyes were on TM DEGASOLINE Marc-Reiner SCHMIDT but as he approached turn 1 he lost control of his motorcycle and fell, leaving TM Racing Toni Klem his main rival to take control, and once there Klem never faultered and went on take his first win of the season.
Schmidt put in a great performance though and by lap 6 was already up to second but by then Klem had too much of a lead to do anything about it.
HONDA L30 Lorenzo LAPINI found himself in fifth on the opening lap but after HONDA FRECCIA Diego MONTICELLI and TM SBD Giovanni BUSSEI fell in separate incidents during the race found himself in 3rd with 6 laps to go, which is where he remained when he took the checkered flag.
Fourth went to MONTICELLI with SUZUKI SHR Petr VORLICEK taking 5th.
S2 Race 1 top ten:
1. KLEM Toni (FIN-TM) 19:31.221;
2. 41 SCHMIDT Marc Reiner (GER-TM) 19:45.171;
3. LAPINI Lorenzo (ITA-Honda) 19:55.519;
4. MONTICELLI Diego (ITA-Honda) 19:59.840;
5. VORLICEK Petr (CZE-Suzuki) 20:00.968;
6. BARTOLINI Fabrizio (ITA-Honda) 20:08.914;
7. LLADOS Joan (ESP-Aprilia) 20:10.224;
8. GREGORE Michel (NED-Honda) 20:10.449;
9. BUSSEI Giovanni (ITA-TM) 20:15.257;
10. ASNICAR Alessandro (ITA-Yamaha) 20:15.626.
S2 Race 2
After his confidence building victory in race one Toni Klem took the holeshot in race two with Diego MONTICELLI, Mattia Martella and Marc-Reiner Schmidt in fourth.
By lap two MONTICELLI was the new leader where he remained for the next three laps before being re-passed by Klem.
Meanwhile, after starting in fourth Schmidt was planning his attack and by lap three he was third, moving to second on lap five before taking the lead on lap seven, and despite being passed by Klem briefly, Schmidt held on to take the win and the overall victory.
TM Racing Martella had a better ride to place third edging out MONTICELLI who took fourth. HONDA ASSOMOTOR Fabrizio Bartolini started ninth and worked his way to fifth with HUSQVARNA 833 Kevin Fagre taking sixth.
S2 Race 2 Top Ten:
1. SCHMIDT Marc Reiner (GER-TM) 19:27.229;
2. KLEM Toni (FIN-TM) 19:28.692;
3. MARTELLA Mattia (ITA-TM) 19:45.143;
4. MONTICELLI Diego (ITA-Honda) 19:47.186;
5. BARTOLINI Fabrizio (ITA-Honda) 19:47.734;
6. FAGRE Kevin (SWE-Husqvarna) 19:47.789;
7. LAPINI Lorenzo (ITA-Honda) 19:49.212;
8. SMITH Jay (GBR-KTM) 19:55.062;
9. GIMENEZ David (ESP-Suzuki) 19:56.407;
10. BUSSEI Giovanni (ITA-TM) 19:57.401.
S2 Overall Top Ten:
1. SCHMIDT Marc Reiner (GER-TM) points 47;
2. KLEM Toni (FIN-TM) 47 p.;
3. MONTICELLI Diego (ITA-Honda) 36 p.;
4. LAPINI Lorenzo (ITA-Honda) 34 p.;
5. BARTOLINI Fabrizio (ITA-Honda) 31 p.;
6. VORLICEK Petr (CZE-Suzuki) 26 p.;
7. MARTELLA Mattia (ITA-TM) 25 p.;
8. FAGRE Kevin (SWE-Husqvarna) 25 p.;
9. BUSSEI Giovanni (ITA-TM) 23 p.;
10. LLADOS Joan (ESP-Aprilia) 22 p.
S2 Championship Top Ten:
1. SCHMIDT Marc Reiner (GER-TM) points 197;
2. KLEM Toni (FIN-TM) 157 p.;
3. MONTICELLI Diego (ITA-Honda) 130 p.;
4. BARTOLINI Fabrizio (ITA-Honda) 127 p.;
5. BUSSEI Giovanni (ITA-TM) 121 p.;
6. MARTELLA Mattia (ITA-TM) 111 p.;
7. GIMENEZ David (ESP-Suzuki) 98 p.;
8. GUARDALA' Yuri (ITA-Honda) 79 p.;
9. FAGRE Kevin (SWE-Husqvarna) 77 p.;
10. VORLICEK Petr (CZE-Suzuki) 76 p.
1. TM 200 points;
2. Honda 154 p.;
3. Suzuki 117 p.;
4. Husqvarna 87 p.;
5. KTM 79 p.;
6. Aprilia 73 p.;
7. Yamaha 50 p.
Complete results available HERE
SMGP POLAND- QUICK FACTS
Circuit length: 1415 mt (1210 mt Asphalt, 205 mt Off-Road)
Temperature: 16 °
Weather conditions: Rainy
Crowd attendance: 8500
The best moments of the fourth Grand Prix of the 2015 FIM Supermoto World Championship will be available across the board in high definition, and is also globally available to view on S1GP Channel on YouTube
Click HERE for the complete list of countries and cooperating broadcasting networks, viewing times can be viewed by clicking on the logo of your chosen broadcasting network.
Photos of the whole Grand Prix are available HERE
In the photo: S1GP podium